With over 90 years of experience in waste businesses, SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT and its subsidiaries strive to improve the quality of life everyday for everyone by developing waste management solutions tailored to the needs of communities and manufacturers.
Covering the entire waste value chain
From waste collection to recovery, SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT covers the entire waste cycle.
- Urban sanitation and waste collection: by maintaining public spaces and collecting all types of waste.
- Sorting and recycling: by sorting and bundling the waste for its reuse as secondary raw material and isolating non-recoverable waste for specific treatment according to its category.
- Energy recovery: by transforming the non-recyclable waste collected from households and manufacturers into energy or by burying it in special containment units to recover the biogas.
- Organic waste recovery: transforming green waste and part of household waste into compost, which is subsequently used as fertilizer for agriculture and gardening.
- Treatment and recovery of technological waste (end-of-life vehicles, boats, planes and electronic equipment).
- Treatment of hazardous waste: hazardous industrial and hospital waste may be incinerated for energy recovery or stabilised and contained.
- Decontamination and conversion of polluted industrial sites: the Group decontaminates, dismantles and rehabilitates old industrial estates so they can be fit for new activities.
Waste management: offering wide-ranging, recogniSed expertise
To carry out its missions worldwide, SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT can count on the skills and know-how of its subsidiaries.
- In Europe, SITA France takes part in the set-up of new waste recovery activities such as the dismantling of end-of-life aircraft and recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). SITA UK has responded to the request of British authorities by putting forward a treatment model based on energy recovery instead of waste burial. Lastly, SITA NEWS strives to optimise the waste activities of SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT in Germany and Benelux in order to promote further waste recovery.
- On the international level, SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT pursues a selective deployment strategy with the backing of local partnerships. In particular, the Group holds strong positions on the Chinese and Australian markets.