The FONDS SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT INITIATIVES is an endowment fund with an annual budget of 4 million euros for 2011 and 2012, provided by SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT, Lyonnaise des Eaux, Degrémont and SITA France.
The Fonds provides direct or indirect financial support and/or technical skills, based on the know-how existing within the Group and various partners, including international solidarity organizations and institutions from all countries.
The Fund sometimes initiates projects and events itself, with other qualified actors. The “SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT- ParisTech “Water For All” Chair” and the SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT Initiatives – Institut de France Award are examples of this.
The FONDS SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT INITIATIVES provides rigorous monitoring of the projects it supports: regular meetings with partners, transfers of funds subject to project progress, etc.
Driven by the need for sustainable results, the Fund’s operating model favours co-constructing projects with the partners and beneficiaries.
How a project progresses within the FONDS SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT INITIATIVES :
2. The Fonds Initiative team pre-selects applications in accordance with the selection criteria.
3. Applications are then passed on to internal Group evaluators for an opinion. These evaluators are chosen by the Fonds Initiative team, according to their individual’s area of specialisation.
4. The projects to be supported by the Fonds Initiatives are selected by the decision-making bodies, namely the Bureau or the Management Board, which meet 4 times a year.
5. An agreement is signed with the partner.
6. The selected projects are supported and monitored by the project referee and by the Fund team.