SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT participates in the latest academic and international debates by developing partnerships with many institutions of higher learning.
Strengthening knowledge in the humanities and social sciences
As part of its university relations, SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT develops partnerships with many institutions of higher learning in the humanities and social sciences, including economics, political science, law, management, sociology, geography and urban development.
For the Group, these partnerships in France and abroad aim to:
- strengthen its socio-economic and socio-political knowledge,
- participate in the latest debates in academic circles as well as on the international scene.
Universities and chairs in social sciences are interested in the environmental industry as well as in the activities of international water and waste management operators.
Covering a wide range of environmental themes
The themes most frequently addressed by SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT’s university partnerships are:
- public-private partnerships;
- governance principles, the transparency and responsibilities of public and private water and waste management operators;
- water in developing countries (access, prices and tariff structures);
- sustainable development;
- project funding and finance.
Main international partners
- UNESCO-IHE – Institute for Water Education (Delft, Netherlands)
- UNESCO Centre for Water Law, Policy and Sciences (Dundee, United Kingdom)
Main partners in France