Collection and logistics
COLLECTION OF communal SIMILAR WASTE
SUEZ operates domestic waste collection processes and transportation to treatment facilities. This collection phase is essential in the recycling process and can assume different forms depending on specific issues addressed by municipalities:
- Door to door, involving selective sorting, organic waste and residual household waste, through drop-off processes or collection points
- Nearby waste collection points, fixed or mobile, bulky waste
- Dispersed hazardous waste, textiles, medical waste with risk of infection
- Alternative transportation resources, including electric vehicles, waste vacuuming, river collection points, horse-drawn collection, etc.
Lastly, as a way to involve citizens in waste sorting, we have implemented pedagogic systems and rates based incentives.
SUEZ provides urban sanitation services that seek to guarantee citizens a healthy living environment and to maintain municipal assets:
- street cleaning and maintenance of public areas, parking areas and school courtyards,
- green spaces waste management and organic weeding,
- seasonal work involving leaf collection and salting operations,
- emergency operations to unblock drains, hazardous waste evacuationl or fly tipping,
- stripping of soil and remediation, cleaning of urban property, monument cleaning and removal of graffiti
COLLECTION OF INDUSTRIAL WASTE
Working with simple collection of waste or entire waste chains, SUEZ offers custom solutions to companies to optimise their collection methods and to guarantee traceability.
Depending on the business of industrial companies and on the nature of waste produced, several systems may be recommended and implemented:
- Container supplying: wheelie bins, underground containers, skips, approved specialised packing for hazardous waste transportation,
- Collection method that is suited to the type of hazardous waste (emergency collection, on call, planned, etc.),
- Recovery areas design: staging areas, on site collection points, wood chips enclosures and liquid waste treatment plants.
COLLECTION AND TRANSPORTATION OF HAZARDOUS WASTE
The objectives are to secure the transportation of hazardous waste and to ensure compliance with regulations.
USE OF DATA FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT OF SERVICE
The Group provides web reporting services and steering indicators from recovered data, such as user identification, flow traceability, incidents, etc., to guarantee uninterrupted service.